- Students communicate in languages other than English through the interpersonal, interpretive and presentational modes.
- Students gain knowledge and understanding of the relationship among practices, products and perspectives of the culture(s) studied.
- Students acquire, reinforce and further knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language, as well as recognize the distinctive viewpoints that are only available through the language and its cultures.
- Students develop insight into the nature of language and culture through comparisons of the language and cultures studied and their own.
- Students use the language and demonstrate cultural knowledge within and beyond the school setting for personal, educational and professional growth and enrichment.